The Happy Museum Affiliate Scheme is a new peer learning network for the sector The scheme:
- Is a supportive and collaborative peer network, sharing practice and building learning
- Works with a positive frame for practical action which puts societal wellbeing at its heart.
- Encourages exploration of the particular role of museums and culture in addressing the big issues – such as climate change and social justice.
- Connects with relevant thinkers in fields such as economics, ecology and psychology
- Provides the opportunity to experiment, innovate, reflect, connect and play.
Read all about our first group of Affiliates.
Each Affiliate will take part in a tailored introductory workshop and a peer developed programme of seminars, exhibitions, workshops, placements and other events.
To keep the scheme light touch and financially, organisationally and individually sustainable, it will take ideas from the sharing economy (for example food sharing, museum B&B – where host organisations offer accommodation to visiting peers – and open source learning). It will be underpinned by principles of give and gain.
We hope to engage further Affiliates in 2017 and beyond.
For more information sign up to the Happy Museum newsletter on our website at www.happymuseumproject.org.
* For examples of activity framed by Happy Museum thinking have a look at our selection of case studies.